Position: Assistant Store Manager
Reports to: Store Manager
Location: Kenosha, WI
Summary: The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for supporting the execution of the operational strategy that optimizes the overall performance of their store. Specifically focusing on revenue growth, increased profitability, exceptional presentation standards, excellence in customer experience, safety, security, upholding high standards pertaining to associate acquisition, retention and performance while positioning the company as the premier garden and home center.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
• Personally assist in developing a culture that understands, demonstrates and is passionate about the vision, mission and values of the organization.
• Assist the Store Manager in attaining optimal financial performance through consistently exceeding customer expectations while maintaining excellence in store operations.
• Develop a complete understanding and assist in the daily execution to obtain the stores financial goals, budget, company initiatives, programs, and policies in alignment with the company’s vision, mission and values.
• Execute all company merchandising and marketing plans and programs, ensuring precise and timely set-up, excellent execution, accurate and timely feedback.
• Effectively monitor daily store performance, regularly review key performance indicators and controllables with your Store Manager, share successes, communicate opportunities, and collaborate on resolutions to obtain business unit objectives.
• Ensure store processes such as inventory receiving, associate scheduling, customer service, store housekeeping and lead process improvements.
• Ensure company initiatives, objectives, programs, and policies are timely obtained through comprehensive, effective and proactive communication and implementation.
• Foster a culture of open two way communication with all staff to insure positive morale, upward flow of creative ideation and effective conflict resolution for the benefit of the associates, customers and the company.
• Meet all compliance and regulatory obligations including, but not limited to: hiring, benefit administration, workers compensation, labor laws, local ordinance, reporting, licensing, etc.
• Develop and maintain a safe customer and associate environment by leading safety and security teams and related initiatives.
• Share your observations on property, equipment, or fixture deficiencies with your Store Manager to develop a proactive improvement plan to maintain proper store conditions.
• Effectively manage staffing levels, associate development, knowledge retention, succession planning, flexibility, passion for the company vision and mission, and uphold the company values.
• Ensure the effective maintenance and protection of company assets, including physical structures, vehicles, equipment, inventory, personnel and financial assets.
• Bachelor’s Degree or minimum 2 years related experience. Supervisory experience preferred but not required.
• General knowledge of key retail metrics, consumer and product trends.
• Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills to develop sound partnerships with store personnel, vendors, buyers and corporate leadership.
• Sound computer proficiency (Microsoft Office, Inventory and POS software)
• Strong collaborative, motivation and communication skills.
• Ability to influence others through fact based analytical skills and experience leading others to obtain results.
• Demonstrated ability to appropriately lead and develop associates—provide coaching to store associates.
• Ability to manage the entire property and multiple projects efficiently with excellent organization skills while generating a superior customer experience.
• May be asked to support other store locations as needed to support company activities and business needs. (~15% of the time)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is frequently required to sit and stand; reach with hands and arms; walk and talk or hear. The associate is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 3 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
***Contact us at recruiting @ mailsteins.com ***
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers