Please read the FIVE THINGS TO DO IF YOU HAVE LOST A DOG!
suggestions from Lost Dogs of Wisconsin, http://lostdogsofwisconsin.org/
Even if you don't ask for our volunteer help, please follow the suggestions below to help get your dog back. We have found #1 & #2 on the list work the best to help find your lost dog.
1. Immediately put out food, water and your dog's bed or an article of your clothing at the location where your dog was last seen. There is a good chance that your dog may return.
2. Get the word out by using flyers and signs (like yard sale signs) with a picture of your dog and your phone number, (check your phone often!). Go door to door with your flyer in the neighborhood where your dog was last seen.
3. Contact your local animal shelters and animal control facilities, vet clinics and police departments to report your dog missing. Fax or email them a photo of your dog and your contact information.
4. Instruct everyone that is helping you to NOT call or chase your dog. This will prolong your search. If they see your dog, sit or lay down (no eye contact) and gently toss out tasty treats to lure your dog in.
5. Post your dog on the lost and found section of Craigslist http://www.craigslist.com and our Facebook pages.
You can post your lost dog on our site at no cost. Please fill out Lost Dog Report Form to post your lost dog on our Facebook page:http://lostdogsofwisconsin.org/report/lost-dog-report/
We will create a flyer, post it on our page and help you with suggestions to find your dog.
There is no cost for what we do at Lost Dogs of Wisconsin, we are all volunteers.
Also, look at the Lost Dog Action Plan with great suggestions to help find your dog: http://lostdogsofwisconsin.org/resources/actionplan/
We do have a list of found dogs, please check this album to see if your lost dog is listed:
Found dogs 2016: https://www.facebook.com/findfido/photos/?tab=album&album_id=10153857187931241
Found Dogs 2018: https://www.facebook.com/pg/findfido/photos/?tab=album&album_id=10155950233346241
LOST DOGS OF WISCONSIN
We are an all volunteer group committed to reuniting owners with their lost dogs. There is no charge for our service.
This service is provided free to dog owners, shelters/rescues and animal control professionals.
Please see us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/findfido.
or our website at: http://lostdogsofwisconsin.org/
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers